Specialty clinics are available at the JMCC to provide complementary support to our clients and their families and to staff. Most team members will attend clinic visits including therapists, other community providers, and any family members who wish to be present.
Primary medical care remains the responsibility of your own physician.
At this time, JMCC offer the following specialty clinics:
- Orthopedic: For clients who require Musculoskeletal (bone, joint and muscle) assessment
- Prosthetics and orthotics: For clients who require braces or artificial limbs due to weakness, deformity, acquired, and/ or congenital amputations
- Maxillofacial-Speech: For clients with cleft lip and/ or palate, craniofacial syndromes, or severe dental dysfunction
- Velopharyngeal Inadequacy: For individuals who have resonance (nasality) disorders
What can you expect?
Clinic appointments typically last about an hour and can include any/or all of the following to:
- determine eligibility for centre services
- gain a clear medical history
- provide a thorough physical examination
- discuss medical concerns
- provide a diagnosis or offer more information about the diagnosis
- discuss rehabilitation (treatment) plans
- prescribe equipment
- make arrangements for consultations with other specialist physicians
- provide education and support to clinicians and caregivers
Referrals for clinic consultation may be initiated by either the client/family or a team member.
To arrange an appointment, contact any of your rehabilitation team members or discuss a direct referral with your primary physician.