Our Mission, Vision and Beliefs
Date Edited: January 18, 2017
The John McGivney Children's Centre provides rehabilitative services to the Windsor and Essex County community, enriching the lives of children and youth with special needs by helping them reach their full potential.
The Centre of hope, support and inspiration for children with disabilities and their families. Working together toward a future of participation, acceptance and opportunities.
- that we can make a difference in the quality of life (of our clients and families)
- in the value, uniqueness and diversity of the family
- that each child has self worth and value, and should be treated with respect and dignity
- that children have the right to develop their full potential through equitable access to services to develop this potential
- that children have a right to live and be cared for in a safe environment
- that the Centre is just one component of the broader community of organizations working together in a collaborative partnership to provide a continuum of services to children and families
- that it is the right for staff to work in an environment that promotes respect, encouragement and professional development