John McGivney Bursary
Date Edited: December 16, 2016
The JMCC invites students to apply for:
JOHN H. MCGIVNEY BURSARY
The John H. McGivney Bursary was established to honour the dedication of the late Mr. McGivney to children with disabilities and their families. Mr. McGivney had been instrumental in the creation, development, and ongoing operation of the John McGivney Children's Centre.
Who can apply:
Any student who has a physical disability, is a resident of Windsor/Essex County, and is planning to attend a post secondary program at a community college, university, private post secondary program or government sponsored program designed to give recipients skills beyond the secondary school level can apply.
When to apply:
Applications will be received in the spring of the applicant's secondary school graduating year.
Deadline for applications:
Applications must be received by May 31st to be considered.
How to apply:
Applicants can apply in writing to:
Dr. Brenda Santarossa, Principal
John McGivney Children's Centre School Authority
3945 Matchette Road, Windsor, ON N9C 4C2
The contents of the letter should include:
- The applicant's name, address and phone number;
- Career or post secondary program aspirations;
- Name of the course of study they hope to attend; and
- How this bursary will assist them.
A committee established by the John McGivney Children's Centre will determine which applicant(s) are awarded the bursary.
Obligations of Recipients
- Recipients must provide proof of registration before the award can be paid;
- Recipients must attend a post secondary program in the year of the application; and
- Each recipient will have their name inscribed on a plaque displayed at JMCC.
For further information contact:
Dr. Brenda Santarossa,